A holistic approach to improving
health and wellbeing may include, but is not limited to the following;
diet, taking nutritional supplements, remediating your environment,
learning how to effectively manage stress,
addressing current and/or past traumas or emotional issues and taking a
high level of personal responsibility for
achieving the outcomes you wish to achieve.
FACT AND DISCLOSURE SHEET
The purpose of this fact sheet is to explain our methods of diagnosis and management and
some of our clinic's policies and procedures, so as to assist with your decision to become a
client here at the clinic.
1. Qualifications: All of our doctors are General Practitioners, specialising in integrative or holistic medicine.
Holistic medicine means an approach to medicine in which all factors contributing to wellness or un-wellness
are included. Integrative medicine is another name for it. Holistic doctors are generally thoroughly trained in
both conventional medicine and also in complementary medicine modalities.
2. Fees: The fees at our Sunshine Coast clinic are $80 per 10 min block. For example, a consultation of one hour duration will be $480. Medicare rebates are available depending consultion type and are generally an item 44 ($117.40 for a consultation over 60 min, item 36 ($79.70) for a consultation over 20 min and item 23 ($41.20) for a consultation under 20 min. Commonly for many illnesses the Doctor may recommend one of our monthly health programs. Please see the benefits of the program here, Medicare rebates may not apply. Occasionally, other item numbers such as chronic health condition item numbers can be used and attract a greater Medicare Rebate. Those who have a high spend on out-of-pocket medical fees in a calender year may attract a higher Medicare Rebate under the Medicare Safey Net scheme. See www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/medicare-safety-nets
3. Doctor fee: Our doctors fee per 10 min slot are standard for general practice in Australia. However, the total cost of a
consultation may be higher than most people are used to paying, due to the long and comprehensive nature of
the consultations. While a standard consultation in most practices is 10 - 20 minutes. Here at Lotus Holistic
Medicine, they are 30 - 90 minutes. Basically, this means this practice is a specialised medical clinic for those
needing/seeking and willing to invest in a comprehensive and safe holistic medical program. If you are
experiencing financial difficulty, we encourage you to make this known to your doctor so that your needs can be
taken into account. However, bulk billing should not be expected.
4. Consult format and methods of diagnosis: Generally, our doctors recommend anywhere between 60 - 90
minutes for an initial consultation. For complex cases, a doctor may request a 2 hour initial consultation. Follow
up consultations are recommended every 1 - 3 months and these are usually 30 minutes in length. Our doctors
utilise all conventional medical methods such as history taking, physical examination and conventional blood
tests, imaging and specialist reviews. However, they also use some additional diagnostic modalities, such as
using the Biobalance protocol including testing of methylation status, copper testing and urinary pyrroles. The
doctors also test some patients using the Bioscreen protocol for microbiome assessment.These latter forms of
assessment are considered outside the parameters of conventional medicine but considered by our doctors be
very useful additional tools.
5. Treatment protocols: Our doctors treatment plans include all of conventional medicine's tools
such as medications, surgery and other procedures when necessary, however they also include following a
tailored dietary regime, taking multiple nutritional supplements, getting sufficient sleep, exercising
regularly,exercising and partaking in specific detoxification procedures. The latter forms of treatment are
generally considered outside the parameters of conventional medicine however considered by the doctors
at our clinic to be extremely beneficial to the vast majority of people.
6. Acknowledgement by potential client. I have read the above fact and disclosure form and understand
the nature of the practice as described in Points 1 – 4 listed above.
Please complete the signatue pad below by drawing with your cursor or finger.